There has been a thoughtful, deliberate and productive process that has occurred within our organization since it was announced publicly that I would be leaving the organization effective May 31, 2019. I have been asked to thank you all for your patience and support during that process and to bring you up-to-date on what’s happening and what to expect in the coming days, weeks, and months.
- A job description for the CEO of TraverseCONNECT has been approved by the TraverseCONNECT Board. Importantly, it is not a JD to “replace Doug,” but to hire a CEO for TraverseCONNECT’s future.
- There will be many opportunities for input from community stakeholders, related entities, and from our high-level, enterprise investors during the process as our finalists are identified.
- A local consulting firm, HRP – led by Kate Green and Jennifer Ewing, has been retained to assist with the process of vetting candidates and putting our best foot forward throughout the application process. This is not the same as a “search firm” and, as of now, there are no plans to retain a traditional search firm.
- The scope of the search is intended to be national, and there are no pre-identified “favorites” vying for the position.
- The position is expected to be posted on multiple professional and media sites within the next week.
- The application deadline will be December 31st, and we hope to be interviewing candidates in January/February, and to make an offer by the end of March.
- Neither I nor the TraverseCONNECT Board have any plans or expectation for me to be leaving the organization prior to having a new CEO identified and, hopefully, in place, which should be very near to my May 31st effective date.
- Any and all questions, concerns, or constructive input are welcome at any time during the process.
Thank you all for your continued support of TraverseCONNECT and all its various components. We will continue to be in touch.