Traverse Area Human Resource Association
Right To Work Seminar
Date: September 17, 2013, 8:00am – 12:00pm
Organizer: Karen Oncu
Location: Hagerty Center, Traverse City, MI
Price: $25 TAHRA Members; $40 Non TAHRA Members
Event Type: Conference
Michigan Is the 24th Right To Work State
What Is The New Freedom To Work? What Does Right To Work Mean For Your Workplace?
8am Light Continental Breakfast
9am to Noon Program
Overview of Program:
Plenty of rhetoric and lots of emotion over Governor Snyder’s signing of the Freedom To Work Act. Much has been said in the media. Now is the time for a sensible review of the new law and its effect on the Michigan workplace. Join us for a dynamic and informative session, with real insight and clarity on the meaning and impact of Freedom to Work, including:
• The real meaning of Freedom to Work:
• Workplaces to which the new law applies
• Workers included and excluded by the new law
• Differences in application of the new law to union free and unionized workplaces
• Why unions are really opposed to Freedom to Work
• The effective date of Freedom to Work and its impact on labor contracts
• Union security, checkoff, and dues deduction provisions after the new law takes effect
• Union organizing, bargaining, and representation of workers after the new law takes effect
• Treatment of workers under the new law based on their support or opposition to unions
• Enforcement of Freedom to Work
• Whether employers should communicate with workers about their new law rights
• And more
Attend this half day program and get the answers you need to understand the new Freedom to Work law. Whether union free or unionized, this is a can’t miss critical program to stay ahead of the curve.
Register and Send Check (made out to TAHRA) to:
Karyn Oncu, Grand Traverse Container
1050 Business Park Dr, Traverse City, MI 49686
Presented by Steven J. Fishman, one of our most popular, experienced, and knowledgeable speakers on labor and employment law matters. He is chair of the acclaimed Workplace Law Group within Bodman PLC, a leading business law firm, with over 40 years representing employers as labor counsel. His forte is innovative workplace problem solving for employers in the private and public sector.
Steven J Fishman, Chair, Workplace Law Group
The Traverse Area Human Resource Association (TAHRA) is a Society for Human Resource Management Chapter Affiliate based in Traverse City, Michigan. TAHRA has been a valuable resource for our region’s human resource professionals, employers, and workforce for over two decades. TAHRA has over 90 members that are actively engaged in fulfilling the mission of the organization.
Laura Galbraith, TAHRA Marketing Chair, email@example.com