Can you match these numbers to the corresponding statements below?
700… 18… 90%… 3:1… $4
- Number of new neural connections/second in a healthy brain
- Odds of developing heart disease as an adult due to childhood trauma
- Minimum return on investments made during early childhood
- Age (in months) when vocabulary disparities begin to appear
- Chances of developmental delays when 6 or more risk factors are present
Check your “score” and get the details at Harvard University’s Center for the Developing Child.
Which investments make economic sense to you, to your business and the community? Stop by the Great Start booth (#60) at the Chamber Expo next Tuesday and join the conversation about what we are doing to invest in children’s growth and development before they get to kindergarten.
For more information on local and state-wide economic impacts of early childhood and to get involved, contact Great Start at the Chamber: Mary Manner email@example.com or 231-995-7114.