Board of Directors applications are currently being accepted for those interested in being considered for the Chamber Board. Each year a nominating committee is appointed by the Chairman of the Board to select candidates who will serve on the Board of Directors for a three-year term. Chamber members who wish to be considered for the Board of Directors apply using this brief online candidate form. Nominations or candidate endorsements can be sent by email to the Executive Director. Applications for the 2019 Board of Directors are due no later than October 19, 2018.
The nominating committee may consider candidates who do not volunteer through this application process, but all candidates will be reviewed objectively. The committee will be responsible to select those candidates it determines will best meet the requirements established for service on the Board of Directors.
Requirements for Directors
The minimum requirements for appointment as a Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce director are as follows:
The candidate must:
- Be a member in good standing of the chamber;
- Agree to attend monthly board meetings and special meetings called by the Chairman of the Board;
- Be willing to participate in Chamber of Commerce activities; and
- Be willing to take positions on controversial issues.
Other desirable qualities candidates should possess include:
- A past record of service/leadership in the community and/or Chamber of Commerce;
- A leader in his or her business or profession;
- Capable and willing to accept a leadership position on the Board of Directors;
- Willingness to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors if nominated; and
- A strong commitment to the free enterprise system.