For Immediate Release
September 18, 2013
Bellaire, MI – Feel that breeze? The 2013-14 winter ski season is right around the corner, which means the folks at Shanty Creek are gearing up for the coming season. The annual Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a snowy winter, and the SCR is ready. Along with its annual event’s calendar schedule (see other press release), the following changes are expected to improve the ski and snowboarding experience at Schuss Mountain and Summit Mountain.
• A new fleet of rental equipment from Volkl, Marker, Dalbello, Tecnica, K2, Burton and Scott.
• New Ski School Leadership and Improved Lessons Programs.
• Family-friendly, lower lift ticket prices for children 9-12 years old.
• More discounted ticket and rental options available online for advanced purchase.
• “Summit Only” lift tickets—Michigan’s best value—starting at only $15 on weekends!
• Improvements to snowmaking infrastructure and capacity.
• Improvements to Schuss Mountain’s Monster Park.
• Improvements to The Big Air Launch Pad.
• Improvements to the racing and NASTAR infrastructure and facilities—in preparation to host the HS State Championships at Schuss Mountain in February 2014.
• More mid-day Saturday and Sunday slope grooming for improved snow conditions throughout the day.
• Lodging improvements on property-managed units at Summit Village and Cedar River Village.
• More skiing this season at Schuss Mtn.
o Extended schedule: Open 7 days a week
o Extended season: Scheduled through March 31
o Late nights: Open Fridays and Saturdays until 10pm
For those looking for sweet pre-season deals…Adult SCRs SuperPasses for unlimited skiing at both Schuss and Summit Mountains are $339 through October 15, $369 from October 16 until November 27, and after 11/17, $399. Another great way to save: The SCR Favorite Card. For just $139, the Favorite Card provides unlimited skiing at Summit Mountain, reduced midweek lift tickets at Schuss Mountain for just $10, and weekend and holiday lift tickets at Schuss for only $50, plus discounts on alpine tubing tickets all season long.
About Shanty Creek Resorts
Amid the pristine, pine-dotted countryside of Northern Michigan, Shanty Creek Resorts is a four-season resort and conference center destination featuring three distinct villages: Summit, Schuss and Cedar River. Within its 4,500 acres features are nearly 500 lodging options, 55 ski runs on two mountains, 72 holes of championship golf featuring track designs from Arnold Palmer and Tom Weiskopf, plus a Wellness Spa and Fitness Center, a wide variety of dining and entertainment options, and 36,000 square feet of event and meeting space.
For more information about Shanty Creek Resorts, please visit www.shantycreek.com or call 231-533-7088.
Shanty Creek Resorts
(231) 533-8621, ext. 7884
Shanty Creek Resorts
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Fusion Media Strategies