Chamber’s Advocacy Efforts
The Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce advocates on behalf of business in northern Michigan, and on behalf of the business interests of its members. As a Chamber member, your benefits include access to professional government relations staff and expertise.
Our members benefit from the Chamber’s advocacy efforts in the following ways:
- We work with our members to advocate policies that create an environment favorable to business, job, and community growth and development.
- We will be the “Voice for Business” in our community.
- We work to ensure that business is seen as a valued constituency at the local and state level.
- We can make a difference in our member’s bottom lines – through direct assistance or intervention at state and local levels.
- We can provide political capital for our members when they need it.
- We can help connect members to administration officials and policy makers to assist them in building their own political capital.
- We can connect our members with other strong partners and coalitions locally and statewide.
- We offer insider insight and consultation with out the charge of paying for a private consultant or lobbyist.
- We can be a legislative consultant for their business.
Connect With Your Chamber Advocacy!
Contact Chamber Director of Government Relations, Kent Wood, for more information on how your business or organization can benefit from the Chamber’s advocacy program.
Also check out the Northern Michigan Business Blog for additional insight and latest news.