Leadership Grand Traverse is a valuable program that prepares participants for decision-making leadership roles in areas such as policy, program implementation, and organizational maintenance. Think of some of the major assets of our region, such as natural resources, parks and recreation, transportation, and agriculture, just name a few.
These selling points did not just happen. It took leaders in decades gone by to lead these initiatives when they merely ideas or decisions to be made.
However, this valuable program comes with a commitment that is non-negotiable. The expectation and requirement is that you are fully engaged in the entire process. This ensures that graduation accurately signifies a polished leader, ready to get down to the business of building community.
2015 Fall applications will be available soon- deadline August 21, 2015
Click here to apply.
Session dates are below.
With the exception of opening and closing retreats, time for day sessions are 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 15 – Orientation (Chamber of Commerce) 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, September 25- Opening Retreat (Friday night overnight required) 8:00 a.m. – Overnight
Saturday, September 26 – Local Economy
Wednesday, September 30 – State & Local Government (Chamber of Commerce)
Thursday, October 8- Health & Human Services (Chamber of Commerce)
Friday, October 16 – Education (TBA-ISD/Career Tech Center)
Wednesday, October 28 – Arts & Culture (Interlochen Center for the Arts)
Thursday, November 5 – Natural Resources (Grand Traverse Conservation District)
Tuesday November 17 – Closing Retreat & Graduation Reception (location to be announced) 2:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The cost for this program is $1300 per person. There are many scholarships available that you can apply for during the application process.
Meet the 2014 fall class
- Ryan Popa | Bank of Northern Michigan
- Bill Froehlich | WTCM/WCCW/WJZQ – Midwestern Broadcasting
- Clinton Shattuck | Riverside Title
- Tim White | Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge PC
- Nick Broad | Team Elmer’s
- Michael Lahti | Black Star Farms, LLC
- Kevin Bavers |Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
- Aaron Kendall | Grand Traverse/Leelanau Dept. of Human Services
- Jason Hadfield | Hagerty
- Kelly Yaroch | Bay Area Transportation Authority
- Kellie Sergent | Century 21 Northland
- Kate Stroven | City of Traverse City
- Maureen Michaels | Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Amy Burns | Northwestern Michigan College
- Corinne Shrift | Rehmann
- Christine Guitar | Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Karla Myers-Beman | Traverse City Light & Power
- Cindy Godmer | Traverse City State Bank
Leadership Programming at the Chamber is made possible by the following sponsors
LGT Alumni but not a fellow?
Click here to see even more reasons to engage in this prestigious group.
Graduates of Leadership Grand Traverse now have an exciting opportunity to stay connected, engage, and act! The FELLOWS alumni program is an exclusive group to enhance the roll of leadership in our community. Your investment offers:
• Exclusive Communications and Updates
• Access to People and Information
• Exclusive Events for Fellows
• Continued Education opportunities
Your membership is critical to the continued success of Leadership Grand Traverse. With your $50/year investment to join the Fellows program, you are supporting the efforts and scholarship opportunities for future LGT classes.
SIGN UP NOW
To continue your civic engagement journey, start here!
Thank you for making Leadership Grand Traverse a success for the future.
“Leadership Grand Traverse is one of the most impactful programs I’ve ever attended. I had already lived and worked in the community for years, but the sessions allowed me to experience the area at a much deeper level. Leadership Grand Traverse broadened my appreciation and understanding of our unique region while strengthening my desire to find ways to give back, get involved and make a difference. I recommend it to newcomers and natives alike!”
– Diana Fairbanks, Executive Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Communicaitons, Northwestern Michigan College
Check out these exclusive deep dive sessions available only to LGT Fellows – Click here.