Leadership Grand Traverse is a valuable program that prepares participants for decision-making leadership roles in areas such as policy, program implementation, and organizational maintenance. Think of some of the major assets of our region, such as natural resources, parks and recreation, transportation, and agriculture, just name a few.
These selling points did not just happen. It took leaders in decades gone by to lead these initiatives when they merely ideas or decisions to be made.
However, this valuable program comes with a commitment that is non-negotiable. The expectation and requirement is that you are fully engaged in the entire process. This ensures that graduation accurately signifies a polished leader, ready to get down to the business of building community.
2015 spring applications will be available mid-november – deadline January 30, 2015
Meet the 2014 fall class
- Ryan Popa | Bank of Northern Michigan
- Bill Froehlich | WTCM/WCCW/WJZQ – Midwestern Broadcasting
- Clinton Shattuck | Riverside Title
- Tim White | Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge PC
- Nick Broad | Team Elmer’s
- Michael Lahti | Black Star Farms, LLC
- Kevin Bavers |Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
- Aaron Kendall | Grand Traverse/Leelanau Dept. of Human Services
- Jason Hadfield | Hagerty
- Kelly Yaroch | Bay Area Transportation Authority
- Kellie Sergent | Century 21 Northland
- Kate Stroven | City of Traverse City
- Maureen Michaels | Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Amy Burns | Northwestern Michigan College
- Corinne Shrift | Rehmann
- Christine Guitar | Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Karla Myers-Beman | Traverse City Light & Power
- Cindy Godmer | Traverse City State Bank
Leadership Programming at the Chamber is made possible by the following sponsors
LGT GRADUATE? WANT MORE?
JOIN THE ALUMNI PROGRAM
Graduates of Leadership Grand Traverse now have an exciting opportunity to stay connected, engage, and act! The FELLOWS alumni program is an exclusive group to enhance the roll of leadership in our community. Your investment offers:
• Exclusive Communications and Updates
• Access to People and Information
• Exclusive Events for Fellows
• Continued Education opportunities
Your membership is critical to the continued success of Leadership Grand Traverse. With your $50/year investment to join the Fellows program, you are supporting the efforts and scholarship opportunities for future LGT classes.
SIGN UP NOW
To continue your civic engagement journey, start here!
Thank you for making Leadership Grand Traverse a success for the future.
“I was in Leadership Grand Traverse shortly after moving to the community; it helped me understand the community, giving me new skills to make the community better via organizational capacity building. Fellows is the next step in the leadership continuum, providing me the opportunity to use these honed skills to step outside my industry and to make our region better by building community capacity. “