Leadership @ The Movies
Be inspired at these informative presentations based on movies, leadership and business. Professionally facilitated, each event will feature relevant movie clips and discussions from motivating speakers. Check out the movie in its entirety beforehand to be familiar with the presented clips. It’s professional development in an engaging new format. Join us!
$5 for Chamber Members
$10 for Non-Chamber Members
October Showing – Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
Entrepreneurship Key Takeaways:
- Sometimes the assumptions you make about career and success can come to a screeching halt.
- And when they do, clarity can come from the least likely people.
- That epiphany can change every aspect of your life.
- Entrepreneurs have to take chances – reward never comes without risk.
- Others may try to imitate you, even steal your ideas outright, but only you have the key to the concept and its success.
You become the embodiment of the idea. It’s the heart of your expertise, and you can build on it to bring more to the world.
Facilitator – Loann VandeLeest
LoAnn Vande Leest is CEO at Copper Ridge Surgery Center. She received her Bachelor’s in Nursing from Bellin College of Nursing in Green Bay, and her Master’s in Business Administration from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. She has been an ambulatory surgery center administrator for 18 years, and a AAAHC Surveyor for 15 years. Prior to coming to Traverse City, she ran ambulatory surgery centers in Milwaukee and Green Bay. She believes in the power of ground truth, and knows that if she’s the smartest person in the room, she’s got to find another room!