YOU’VE MADE IT TO THE TOP – NOW WHAT?
The Chamber’s CEO Roundtable program offers CEOs and small business owners an opportunity to develop lasting relationships with other company leaders within the community. The program uses structured monthly discussion groups – comprised of a professional facilitator and non-competing business owners, CEOs, general managers or other top-level decision-makers – to provide members access to an intimate pool of business experts. Participants in these informal advisory boards discuss opportunities, challenges, ideas and other issues relative to each individual’s unique business. Once a year, all of the roundtable groups will convene for a shared executive event, such as a special development seminar or leadership retreat.
“I am so pleased to be a part of a Chamber CEO Roundtable. In the short time that my group has been together, I have walked away from each meeting with fresh ideas, new perspectives and proactive solutions to issues that arise within my business. I’m confident that my CEO roundtable will provide me with the tools and resources to take my company to the next level. My only regret is that I wish I had signed up sooner. This program has been one of the most beneficial products that I have received as a Chamber member.”
Allison Beers – Owner, Events North
How it Works
- There are 10-12 business principals per group.
- Groups are formed based on non-competitive participants, geographic proximity, size of business and overall compatibility of members (as determined by the Chamber).
- Groups convene once each month.
- Participants are autonomous with respect to discussion topics, location, meeting time/day, direction and meeting agenda.
- Meetings are conversational in nature, generally lasting about 90 minutes.
- Each roundtable is assigned a professional facilitator, who is not allowed to solicit business from his/her assigned group. The CEO Roundtable program is NOT a leads program.
- Because of the sensitive nature of these discussions, all participants must sign a confidentiality agreement.
Enrollment in the CEO Roundtable program is ongoing, with applications accepted and new groups forming throughout the year. Groups will have the opportunity to remix and/or form new groups each January. The program is open to Chamber members in good standing, as well as members of chambers that have ongoing partnership agreements with the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce. Those chambers currently include: Kalkaska Area Chamber, Petoskey Regional Chamber, Gaylord/Otsego County Chamber, Charlevoix Area Chamber and Cadillac Area Chamber.
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Top-level decision-maker for their business (i.e. President, CEO, Plant Manager, etc.)
- Willing to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to commit to monthly group meetings
- Willing to actively share and participate with other members
- Willing to provide evaluation feedback when asked to do so
- The cost to participate in CEO Roundtable is $225.
To download an application, please click on the following link: CEO Roundtable Application (You may need to save the file to your computer before printing.)
CEO Roundtable Facilitators
- Chuck Curtiss | My Financial Team, Inc.
- Barbara Jordan Ellis | Center for Coaching and Leadership Development
- Karen Ruedinger | Northwestern Michigan College
- Joseph Sanok | Licensed Professional Counselors of NM
Video by Petersen Productions
Leadership Programming at the Chamber is made possible by