- December 6th, 2013
- No Comments
For Immediate Release
December 5, 2013
Golf instructional program will feature Michigan’s top teachers
Gaylord, MI – For the first time ever, some of the top PGA golf instructors in Michigan will come together for the Northern Michigan PGA Teaching Summit next week at Treetops Resort.
The Northern Michigan PGA Teaching Summit, a premier golf instructional forum on teaching the game of golf, will take place on December 9-10 at the Treetops Convention Center.
Rick Smith and Jason Guss of the Rick Smith/Jason Guss Golf Academy, who are both ranked by Golf Digest among the Top 50 instructors and Top 10 in Michigan respectively, are hosting the teaching summit. The summit will also feature other top instructors including:
- Adam Schriber (Kingsley Club) is well known for his work on both the PGA and LPGA Tours.
- Jordan Young (Fox Hills) specializes in junior golf development, and was honored by the PGA of America with the National Player Development Award.
- Mike Fay (Boyne Resorts) is a leader in social media and created the first Twitter golf instruction program called #askthepro.
- Brandon Roby (Cascade Hills) is a leading up and coming golf instructor who was the Western Michigan Section Teacher of the Year for 2012 and 2013.
- Trevor Foust (TrackMan) is the Midwest salesperson for the PGA and LPGA Tours and is a leading specialist on swing technology.
- Rebecca Klinger (The Trainers Studio) is a leading athletic trainer with a Masters in Kinesiology from Michigan State University and TPI certified.
The summit will focus on such areas of golf instruction as teaching methods and swing philosophies, golf training and developing athletes, junior golf programs, aiming, social media, and Trackman swing technology.
*Members of the media are invited to attend this unique event and also have opportunities to meet with instructors and discuss story ideas on the benefits of professional golf instruction.
For more information about the Northern Michigan PGA Teaching Summit or to attend the summit, please contact Kevin Frisch at Fusion Media Strategies at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (989) 614-0241.